Team Braves is officially off and running for the 2014 – 2015 season. We would like to invite you to this years parent meeting, during this meeting our Board of Directors will be present to answer any questions that you may have. We will also be accepting registrations during the meeting.
We would like to see you all there:
October 22 – Parent Meeting 6:15PM or 7:15PM at Central High School
Border War – Three Style Tournament
Central High School – 5500 Education Drive Cheyenne, WY 82009
Details: P.P.W.L. / W.A.W.A. Sanctioned Folkstyle Tournament
When: January 18th 9:00 AM
-Weigh In Procedures:
-Wrestlers will be divided by age, weight, and ability wherever possible. No Seeding, no weight classes. All scratch weights.
-Round Robin Brackets for all three styles. Your wrestler will get matches!
-Double Bracketing is allowed across age divisions only. Separate entry fee for each bracket entered in.
-USA card required for each wrestler
-Red & Blue singlets are preferred for FS/GR but will not be required.
-All Coaches need a USA coach’s card (worn visibly) to coach mat-side, Temporary Pass may be purchased at the tournament for a fee
-Entry Fee for each wrestler is $20 for Folkstyle | $15 each or $20 for both FS & GR (Discount Online Only). www.trackwrestling.com
-Walk-up registrations for FS/GR will be accepted until completion of folkstyle (No Discount for Walk-ups).
Clubs please pay for Folkstyle with one single club check on Saturday or by Credit/Debit card on the PPWL website after registering. All wrestlers entered into the tournament must be paid for by your team, even if the wrestler doesn’t show up.
FS/GR Registration can be paid online when registering. FS/GR Registration is OPEN.
On Saturday we had 14 wrestlers compete at the Wild West Shootout over in Laramie. Below you will find their results, taken directly from Trackwrestling.com.
Wild West Shootout PPWL Results for Team Braves
- 4 Under 38-39 – Stetson Osborn’s place is 3rd
- 8 Under 53-54 – Benjamin Whitright’s place is unknown and
- 8 Under 67-69 – Davin Mattimoe’s place is 2nd
- 8 Under 68-72 – Kayden Tafoya’s place is 3rd
- 12 Under 77-87 – Damien Mason’s place is 2nd
- 12 Under 93-99 – Nathan Lundberg’s place is 2nd
- 12 Under 93-99 – Bradley Whitright’s place is 3rd
- 6 Under 55-60 – Liam Fox’s place is 2nd
- 6 Under 47-47 – Michael Vanwey’s place is 3rd
- 10 Under 53-59 – Benjamin Whitright’s place is 4th
- 10 Under 71-73 – Slater Bates’s place is 3rd
- 10 Under 73-82 – Andrew Johnson’s place is 2nd
- 10 Under 84-94 – Bradley Whitright’s place is 2nd
- 14 Under 84-90 – Damien Mason’s place is 4th
On Saturday we had 21 wrestlers compete at the Thunder Throwdown here in Cheyenne. Below you will find their results, taken directly from Trackwrestling.com.
Thunder Throwdown PPWL Results for Team Braves
- 4 Under 35-38 – Stetson Osborn’s place is 3rd
- 8 Under 53-54 – Benjamin Whitright’s place is 3rd
- 8 Under 55-58 – Wyatt Weiss’s place is 4th
- 8 Under 66-69 – Davin Mattimoe’s place is 4th
- 8 Under 67-70 – Jack Koenig’s place is 2nd
- 12 Under 88-95 – Damien Mason’s place is 3rd
- 12 Under 88-95 – Nathan Lundberg’s place is 4th
- 12 Under 88-95 – Bradley Whitright’s place is 5th
- 12 Under 100-109 – Cole Correra’s place is 3rd
- 12 Under 137-166 – Jim Koenig’s place is 2nd
- 6 Under 44-46 A – Michael Vanwey’s place is 1st
- 6 Under 49-55 – Liam Fox’s place is 2nd
- 6 Under 49-53 – Caiden Johnson’s place is 3rd
- 6 Under 59-70 – Kayden Tafoya’s place is 2nd
- 10 Under 54-60 – Lucas Hinton’s place is 5th
- 10 Under 69-75 – Luke Gallagher’s place is 1st
- 10 Under 70-77 – Slater Bates’s place is 6th
- 10 Under 78-84 – Tyler Helvig’s place is 1st
- 10 Under 78-84 – Andrew Johnson’s place is 3rd
- 10 Under 85-93 – Bradley Whitright’s place is 2nd
- 14 Under 80-88 – Damien Mason’s place is 2nd
“Just the basics”
Ages 4 to 12
Are you interested in two weeks of fun?
The kids will be taught in a low pressure environment that will demonstrate the basic wrestling moves to gain interest in the sport of wrestling.
Then join us for two weeks of fun and adventure! Learn the basics of wrestling.
Time Commitment: Two weeks—Four practices and one tournament.
Registration: Tuesday November 5 at 5:00 at Central High School outside the wrestling room. Use the West entrance off of the service road. $20 registration fee, everyone will get a shirt at the tournament to honor their participation.
Practices: Tuesday November 5 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Thursday November 7 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday November 12 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Thursday November 14 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Tournament: Friday, November 15, 2013 from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
-We will weigh the kids and divide them into different weight groups.
-Each wrestler will have at least two matches.
Necessary Equipment: Tennis shoes, tee shirt and shorts. Bring a smile so we can have some fun.
Contacts: If you need additional information, please contact Kyle Brightman at 214-2257, Bryce Leonhardt at 259-3328, or Drew Severn at 760-1204
This weekend 3 team braves wrestlers competed in the zombie open in Windsor CO.
Stetson Osborn 6u 35 dnp
Benjamin whitright 8u 50 3rd place
Bradley whitright 10u 90 1st
Tonight was the first official practice for the season, and I am very excited. We had a great night of wrestling and our new head coach is awesome when dealing with the kids.
We are still accepting new registrations, so if you know anyone who hasn’t registered yet send them to practice any night to get signed up.
We have practice three nights a week:
Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday: 6:00 – 7:30
Team Braves Wrestling Club has been asked by the staff at Central High School to reschedule the practice we had planned for Oct. 8th due to a teacher in-service day. We are moving this practice to Wednesday Oct. 9th at 6:30 PM.
Our Schedule for this week is:
Wednesday – Preseason Practice – 6:30 – 8:00
Thurday – Preseason Practice – 6:30 – 8:00
Well it’s that time of year again, and Team Braves board members and coaches are excited to get in the room again. We have decided that we are going to offer some preseason practices to any kids that register early and feel like getting a jump on the competition. We will have our first of these preseason practices on Tuesday. October 1st at 6:30 PM in the wrestling room at Central High School. Returning wrestlers need to bring completed registration forms and payment for this season. New wrestlers need to bring completed forms, payment, and a copy of your official birth certificate. Wrestlers can register at any of our preseason practices, at either of our two parent meetings, or any night at practice. You can find a schedule of our upcoming practices and parent meetings at the bottom of this article.
Registration Fee: $100
We will have registration forms in the wrestling room during all preseason practices. Please feel free to join us and get a head start.
Practice and Meeting Schedule:
Tuesday, Oct. 1 – 6:30 – 8:00 – Preseason Practice
Thursday, Oct. 3 - 6:30 – 8:00 – Preseason Practice
Tuesday, Oct. 8 - 6:30 – 8:00 – Preseason Practice
Thursday, Oct 10 - 6:30 – 8:00 – Preseason Practice
Tuesday, Oct. 15 – 7:00 – 8:00 – Parent Meeting
Thursday, Oct. 17 - 6:30 – 8:00 – Final Preseason Practice
The University of Wyoming Wresting Camp along with LCSD #1 is providing Cheyenne wrestlers with a unique opportunity to attend the UW technique camp for $50.00. This is a significant discount. The school district is going to provide transportation to and from Laramie each day of camp. All the wrestlwer will need is a sack lunch or money for lunch each day.
We strongly encourage all wrestling families to consider taking advantage of this opportunity. There will be some great instruction from a top 25 D-1 program.
The registration form along with the transportation schedule can be found at the following link.