Team Braves will only have practice on Monday Nov. 24 and Tuesday Nov. 25 during the week of Thanksgiving.
We would like to invite All of our wrestlers to these practices starting at 6 on both nights.
The Team Braves coaches and board of directors hopes that each and every one of our wrestlers has a fantastic holiday and enjoys a couple of nights out of the wrestling room.
Team Braves policy is to allow any wrestler to attend any scheduled practice. We encourage our wrestlers to attend the practice(s) that we have scheduled for their age group or skill level. This post has our current practice schedule as of November 3, 2014. Our practice schedule is subject to change, we will modify and change this schedule as needed through out our season. All changes will be noted in our weekly email, and posted on this website.
Monday: Practice will be from 6 – 7 for all wrestlers ages 7 and younger
Tuesday: 6 – 7:30 for all wrestlers 8 and Older
Wednesday: 6 – 7:30 for all wrestlers 8 and Older
Thursday: 6 – 7 for all wrestlers ages 7 and younger & 6 – 7:30 for all wrestlers 8 and Older
Our middle school age wrestlers and national level competitors will practice all 4 nights of the week from 6 – 8:30, any wrestler is welcome to stay late for these practices. The late practices will be very tough and we highly encourage parents of younger and less experienced wrestlers to stay and observe the level of intensity that we expect from the wrestlers who attend, just to be sure that your kid(s) can handle it.
See you all in the wrestling room!
Team Braves is officially off and running for the 2014 – 2015 season. We would like to invite you to this years parent meeting, during this meeting our Board of Directors will be present to answer any questions that you may have. We will also be accepting registrations during the meeting.
We would like to see you all there:
October 22 – Parent Meeting 6:15PM or 7:15PM at Central High School
Border War – Three Style Tournament
Central High School – 5500 Education Drive Cheyenne, WY 82009
Details: P.P.W.L. / W.A.W.A. Sanctioned Folkstyle Tournament
When: January 18th 9:00 AM
-Weigh In Procedures:
-Wrestlers will be divided by age, weight, and ability wherever possible. No Seeding, no weight classes. All scratch weights.
-Round Robin Brackets for all three styles. Your wrestler will get matches!
-Double Bracketing is allowed across age divisions only. Separate entry fee for each bracket entered in.
-USA card required for each wrestler
-Red & Blue singlets are preferred for FS/GR but will not be required.
-All Coaches need a USA coach’s card (worn visibly) to coach mat-side, Temporary Pass may be purchased at the tournament for a fee
-Entry Fee for each wrestler is $20 for Folkstyle | $15 each or $20 for both FS & GR (Discount Online Only). www.trackwrestling.com
-Walk-up registrations for FS/GR will be accepted until completion of folkstyle (No Discount for Walk-ups).
Clubs please pay for Folkstyle with one single club check on Saturday or by Credit/Debit card on the PPWL website after registering. All wrestlers entered into the tournament must be paid for by your team, even if the wrestler doesn’t show up.
FS/GR Registration can be paid online when registering. FS/GR Registration is OPEN.
On Saturday we had 14 wrestlers compete at the Wild West Shootout over in Laramie. Below you will find their results, taken directly from Trackwrestling.com.
Wild West Shootout PPWL Results for Team Braves
- 4 Under 38-39 – Stetson Osborn’s place is 3rd
- 8 Under 53-54 – Benjamin Whitright’s place is unknown and
- 8 Under 67-69 – Davin Mattimoe’s place is 2nd
- 8 Under 68-72 – Kayden Tafoya’s place is 3rd
- 12 Under 77-87 – Damien Mason’s place is 2nd
- 12 Under 93-99 – Nathan Lundberg’s place is 2nd
- 12 Under 93-99 – Bradley Whitright’s place is 3rd
- 6 Under 55-60 – Liam Fox’s place is 2nd
- 6 Under 47-47 – Michael Vanwey’s place is 3rd
- 10 Under 53-59 – Benjamin Whitright’s place is 4th
- 10 Under 71-73 – Slater Bates’s place is 3rd
- 10 Under 73-82 – Andrew Johnson’s place is 2nd
- 10 Under 84-94 – Bradley Whitright’s place is 2nd
- 14 Under 84-90 – Damien Mason’s place is 4th
On Saturday we had 21 wrestlers compete at the Thunder Throwdown here in Cheyenne. Below you will find their results, taken directly from Trackwrestling.com.
Thunder Throwdown PPWL Results for Team Braves
- 4 Under 35-38 – Stetson Osborn’s place is 3rd
- 8 Under 53-54 – Benjamin Whitright’s place is 3rd
- 8 Under 55-58 – Wyatt Weiss’s place is 4th
- 8 Under 66-69 – Davin Mattimoe’s place is 4th
- 8 Under 67-70 – Jack Koenig’s place is 2nd
- 12 Under 88-95 – Damien Mason’s place is 3rd
- 12 Under 88-95 – Nathan Lundberg’s place is 4th
- 12 Under 88-95 – Bradley Whitright’s place is 5th
- 12 Under 100-109 – Cole Correra’s place is 3rd
- 12 Under 137-166 – Jim Koenig’s place is 2nd
- 6 Under 44-46 A – Michael Vanwey’s place is 1st
- 6 Under 49-55 – Liam Fox’s place is 2nd
- 6 Under 49-53 – Caiden Johnson’s place is 3rd
- 6 Under 59-70 – Kayden Tafoya’s place is 2nd
- 10 Under 54-60 – Lucas Hinton’s place is 5th
- 10 Under 69-75 – Luke Gallagher’s place is 1st
- 10 Under 70-77 – Slater Bates’s place is 6th
- 10 Under 78-84 – Tyler Helvig’s place is 1st
- 10 Under 78-84 – Andrew Johnson’s place is 3rd
- 10 Under 85-93 – Bradley Whitright’s place is 2nd
- 14 Under 80-88 – Damien Mason’s place is 2nd
“Just the basics”
Ages 4 to 12
Are you interested in two weeks of fun?
The kids will be taught in a low pressure environment that will demonstrate the basic wrestling moves to gain interest in the sport of wrestling.
Then join us for two weeks of fun and adventure! Learn the basics of wrestling.
Time Commitment: Two weeks—Four practices and one tournament.
Registration: Tuesday November 5 at 5:00 at Central High School outside the wrestling room. Use the West entrance off of the service road. $20 registration fee, everyone will get a shirt at the tournament to honor their participation.
Practices: Tuesday November 5 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Thursday November 7 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday November 12 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Thursday November 14 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Tournament: Friday, November 15, 2013 from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
-We will weigh the kids and divide them into different weight groups.
-Each wrestler will have at least two matches.
Necessary Equipment: Tennis shoes, tee shirt and shorts. Bring a smile so we can have some fun.
Contacts: If you need additional information, please contact Kyle Brightman at 214-2257, Bryce Leonhardt at 259-3328, or Drew Severn at 760-1204
This weekend 3 team braves wrestlers competed in the zombie open in Windsor CO.
Stetson Osborn 6u 35 dnp
Benjamin whitright 8u 50 3rd place
Bradley whitright 10u 90 1st
Tonight was the first official practice for the season, and I am very excited. We had a great night of wrestling and our new head coach is awesome when dealing with the kids.
We are still accepting new registrations, so if you know anyone who hasn’t registered yet send them to practice any night to get signed up.
We have practice three nights a week:
Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday: 6:00 – 7:30
Team Braves Wrestling Club has been asked by the staff at Central High School to reschedule the practice we had planned for Oct. 8th due to a teacher in-service day. We are moving this practice to Wednesday Oct. 9th at 6:30 PM.
Our Schedule for this week is:
Wednesday – Preseason Practice – 6:30 – 8:00
Thurday – Preseason Practice – 6:30 – 8:00